Recent Posts

Monday 5 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Good Morning all!

This week was a bit of good and a bit of not so good....

First - not so good:

We had a bit of a rough time last night, I guess partly we had a bit of the spirit of contention in our lesson cause this man was telling us his point of view on life and God and it happened to sound like Satans plan for life... (you know how life is good God is good and we will all get back to God again doesn't matter what we do on earth) But he also had some other strange ideas that I won't repeat. Anyway we really hope he will not be in the house when we go back. I don't think he wanted to hurt us or offend us, cause he left after we showed VERY little interest or approval what he was saying. But we just did not feel good. Upside to that story we were able to pick up a new investigator in that home.  And straight after that we found out that one of our investigators moved out of the town to go back to a very abusive manipulative boyfriend. That made us so angry cause we were just starting to make some headway with her! :(

Now the Good:

We have some exciting things happening. I don't know if you remember, sister Eyers and I started planning an Open House/Church Tour. It was mainly her idea but we are now going to execute it =D It is proving to be a bit stressful I won't lie - especially when you are still trying to teach people get new investigators etc etc etc. Well the plan is to Open the Stake Center and display what we are all about - we hope not to take away from the Visitors Center but we have assigned each ward an auxiliary or organization to display and inform others about us. we are inviting them to "Come and see". We have a new High Council man over Misisonary work and he is sooo excited for it! So am I but somewhat stressed I won't lie.


Well New years eve was fun we got to watch "How to train your dragon 2" as a Zone - It was SOOOO GOOOD!!!! ahhhhh LOVED IT! We also got to have another Nerf gun War!!! It was soomuch fun! But we were in bed by 10 30.... Had another sleep over with the sisters from Kanab was fun But this year we were back to work on New Years day... which was interesting but we were on exchanges with the STLs. Sister Liu (FRom Tonga/California) came to La Verkin with me. My last exchange I feel it was very insipred how it all happend, Its kinda fun, we came out together and are going home together. She is a RUGBY PLAYER too!!! I bet everyone back home would get a kick out of that! She is great though she is an All blacks supporter. But I really loved being on Exchanges with her but it was also great to gte my companion back.

Ok so here are some of my New Years goals (Remember that I will be coming home in a month so some pertain to that part of my life)

  • Study the scriptures DAILY (scared I will go back into my old rutine of not reading)
  • Loose all the weight I gained on the mission..
  • Master 2 Hymns on the Piano (no I don't really play the piano)
  • Read Jesus the Christ cover to cover
  • Learn to Juggle 3 balls
  • Visit 1 Neighbouring Country
  • Read the Harry Potter Series (No I have not read them and I have committed to like 3 compaions that I will read it when I get home)
  • 100% Visiting Teaching for the Year 
  • Always take a No thank you bite. (strated with eating a pickled fig and well it was ok... and had a trout taco yesterday wasn't too bad, was fresh.)
  • Introduce at least 1 friend to the missionaries
  • Attend the Temple Monthly.
Well All of these are subject to change but some are on my 30 before 30 list too haha

If you want to learn how to set goals check out Chapter 8 of Preach my Gospel. I have learn on my mission that it IS somewhat about the numbers, it IS about Goals. If we don't set goals we won't improve. "Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish. Through goals and plans, our hopes are transformed into action. Goal setting and planning are acts of Faith."

Good Luck with setting goals this year!

Hope you have a great week and a great New year!

All My Best,
Sister Karen Hollander
Utah, St George Mission
881 South River Road
St. George Utah, 84790
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment